Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Easter!




Well, Easter came and went. It was pretty fun this year. The Easter Bunny visited Brandt because he was so good. He left Brandt's Easter Basket hidden outside in the bushes (which was tradition began by the Easter Bunny many years ago when I was little). That Bunny, he is a sneaky little feller. We never even heard him come . . . he has exceptional taste also. Just judging this by the fact that he picked out everything that I would have for Brandt.

On entering the outside world in search for something he really wasnt sure of . . . it took Brandt quite a bit to figure out there was something hidden just for him. He caught a small glimpse of the perfectly hidden basket filled with toys and goodies, but continued to look for something he thought (at the time) was more worthwhile. Once Brandt realized that weird thing in the pushes was "pwesants" just for him he was ecstatic!

The first thing he saw was his Dinosaur ("dinsore bite"), and the rest didnt seem to matter after that. After a few feeble attempts at encouraging him to look through the rest of the "pwesants", I finally admitted defeat and took the basket (and Brandt with the "dinsore") inside where the temperature was not near freezing. After a bit he finally explored the rest of the what the Easter Bunny decided was perfect for him, and loved every minute of it.

Of course the whole family (my Momma included) got ready and went to church. After church we took a few pictures of Brandt and headed off to Mrs. Crocker's (Ant's grandma) house for Easter dinner. We filled our bellies and decided it was near time for the Easter Egg Hunt.


This, Brandt was not thrilled about. The eggs were hidden and ready to be found. Of course they were not placed strategically, so the "hunt" was more of a "Oh look! There's another egg . . . in the middle of the yard. Let's go get it". Even though this Egg Hunt was set up to pacify the meager attention span of a nearly 2 year old, it was pretty much a failed attempt on an Easter tradition. Brandt could have cared less about all the pretty colored eggs that were just waiting to go in his little basket. He wanted to pick the Pansy's in the front flower bed and play with the turtle (a cement recreation). So, there were a few pictures of his basket being drug behind him, but the theory of his first Easter Egg hunt going well this year flew out the window. It was still cute to watch though.




Otherwise . . . It's finally April. No crazy April Fool's tricks here. Actually I spent all day in bed due to my recent diagnosis of Strep Throat. I really forgot how miserable this is. Luckily since I work in the ER, we swabbed my throat, checked my temp, got my results (obviously positive), got a prescription from one of the docs working and got sent home all in a matter of about 15min. Couldn't ask for better service than that! I do feel a little better today, still not completely up to par though. I think Brandt realizes such because he comes up to me on the couch and says "Momma go night night?". Sweet, I know.

So I think that is all I have for now. I shall return to my post (on the couch) and enjoy listening to Brandt talk about the Doodle Bops (his favorite . . . my least!).

Have a great day!

No comments: