Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Neither here . . . Nor there

Lots of things to blog about recently! First of all, and of course most important . . . I FOUND the camera. Anthony of course told me he specifically remembered walking into the house with it in his back pocket (because he had felt it there) after the Fair on Friday, but remarkably, he couldn't remember what he did with it once inside. Well . . . when I found the camera, not only was it not in our house . . . it was in the posterior pocket of the passenger seat of his truck! Which could only mean one thing . . . the man who NEVER forgets anything and typically NEVER loses anything . . . WAS WRONG! And not only was he wrong, he was so wrong that it turned into a complete and utter fabrication because the camera never even came into this house! Man that felt good, fan-flippin-tabulous! But, as I sit here and triumph in his "wrongness", I do have to mention my little slip up.


Remember in my last post I mentioned we were headed to Little Rock to pick up the in-laws? Well, no. 1, we never went to LR (or Conway for that matter to have lunch with Vanessa - *sad face*). They ended up getting off the plane in Memphis, so we got to drive only 1 hour instead of 2 for their transport home. Being the good daughter-in-law (DIL) that I am, I cleaned Mrs. Karen's (MIL) SUV for her. After a good scrub down of the inside I came in to get ready. I actually beat Anthony in the "who can get ready the fastest AND on time" war, so I sat down for a little rest before we headed out. One problem on entering her newly spotless vehicle . . . no keys. From my skewed perception of where the keys could have been hiding, I came to the conclusion they had to be in the house since I had not used them since the night before. Long story short . . . After nearly 1 hour of tearing this house apart (literally, there were couch cushions in the floor, Brandt's toy bins were dumped out, bed mattresses were sideways, and trash cans were emptied . . . this was all assuming that our Angel son had hidden the keys from Mommy & Daddy), I decided to take one more swift look through her truck just for sanity sake. And low and behold . . . there they were . . . in the top compartment of her console. Amazing how they managed to get themselves from in the house where I LEFT THEM, into her truck and in the console! Sneaky little suckers! But . . . we got to Memphis, got the MIL and FIL, had a quick supper at Colton's and headed home. Oh, got a cute pic of B at Colton's . . . ride 'em cowboy!






And here are a few of the Fair pictures. Most of them turned out pretty terrible, but you get the jist of it. He had a good time and next year I will remember to take the good camera!




Other news on the home front. Anthony accepted a job offer on Monday. He has been with Cash River Valley Seed for nearly 3 years now, and he will complete his Agriculture degree with an emphasis in Plant & Soil Science in December from ASU. He was fortunate enough to be able to move up into a position he really wanted, working for a company he is really excited about. Beginning October 13 he will be a Syngenta employee. We are both excited to get this career change in motion!

Also I have just learned about a new (1st Annual) Arts and Crafts show that is going to happen in Jonesboro in October. From what I know it is mostly childrens collections (handbags, diaper bags, multiple covers, hair bows, embroidered clothing, etc.) but it looks like a lot of fun. Just click on the picture below and it will take you to the website!


Well, I think that is about it for now! I am pooped and heading to bed. Have to return to my insanity (aka my job) in the morning. Have a great night, and Ta Ta for now!

No comments: